Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What if...?

What if nothing happened by coincidence?

What if that applied to me?
    My birth?
    Every event in my life?
    Every person I ever met or was in relationship with?

What if every experience I ever had was the result of my focused attention?

What if, since nothing happens by coincidence, that it happened because of my choice?

What if the world as I see it now is not caused by anything outside of me?

What if my experience has nothing to do with controlling circumstances?

What if I took responsibility for everything in my life, every experience I ever had or will have.

What if these things were simply self-caused?

What if I thought about responsibility as “I’m to blame?” What if I didn’t?

What if I didn’t need to be right, or to defend my point of view?

What if I could just be curious about everything?

What if I thought of my experience as evidence of what I was really committed to?

What if I decided to commit to something different?

What if I decided to focus on what is in me rather than the effects it creates in the world?

What if there was something more than surviving?

What if I didn’t have to worry about surviving?

What if there was no way I could lose? What if this life wasn’t a test or a competition?

What if I really and truly knew that I am loved?

What if I knew I was safe?

What if I knew that I was innocent?

What if I was not separate from any one or anything?

What if all knowledge, all wisdom, all time, and all love was already in me?

What if I really thought about each of these questions?

What if there was no agenda behind these questions?

What if I was simply, innocently curious about my answers, about what I thought?

No comments: