Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Rilke's Reality

Rainer Rilke lived 51 years, and died in 1926. Look at what he knew within himself way back then. It's not a secret, we just forgot.

The hour is striking so close above me,
so clear and sharp,
that all my senses ring with it.
I feel it now; there’s a power in me
to grasp and give shape to my world.

I know that nothing has ever been real
without my beholding it.
All becoming has needed me.
My looking ripens things
and they come toward me to meet and be met.

- Rainer Maria Rilke

In other words...

The time is now. This moment. It is this moment that is so clear and sharp, so close and so resonant, that when I am present in it my entire being is rings with life and possibility.

When I am present in each moment, I feel powerful. I am powerful with no fear of taking hold of my life. I accept responsibility for it; I own it. And through the power of that ownership, I give shape to my world.

I have had it all backwards. Creation is not cause, it is effect. Creation is not about making the world conform to what I want. The cause is my "beholding." My world is created from the power of my thought. Thought is primary, it is cause. Creation is effect.

All that is "be coming" is directed now by our thought. Becoming is a constant process, the movement of the universe in its expansion. It is the process of creation. "All becoming" needs me to declare what is so, as I step into the moment.

 Life is a practice. We get a lot of do-overs. The difference between this moment and the next is only the width of a thought. As I notice what is so in this moment and own it as my creation from the thoughts I hold, I can choose. Do I desire something else, do I want a different experience? And I can begin to think anew. Many of these moments together "ripen" my creations. They become more fresh, succulent, sweet, juicy, crispy and fragrant. And I meet my life. My life! My life is my way home!

No comments: